Tuesday 13 October 2009

The Humming Tree


Last week I managed to misjudge the stairs and did a spectacular, flying leap, landing heavily on my ankle and knee. Swollen, sore, bruised... Since then, I have spent a lot of time sitting down with my leg iced and raised up on pillows. The weekend was cold and wet, so I haven't felt too bad about languishing inside watching movies.

Today I'm feeling like things are mending and made a trip to the nursery to buy some more spring herbs to plant in the garden. Basil, coriander, thyme and grape tomatoes. Tomorrow, the garden...

The weather has been crazy, but Spring keeps on coming. The Crab Apple tree is in bloom and the bees are going berserk in the tree (whose name I don't know) out the front of my house. It is loaded with tiny bunches of green, nectar filled flowers and the whole tree hums and vibrates, the grass below a carpet of drunken bees.

4 comments:

  1. Get well soon Patti. How clever of you to insert a video here - I agree that buzzing is amazing. We had our first rain in months last night, the birds loved it and so did we.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my. I hope your ankle and knee are feeling better this week. That sounds like a LOT of bees. Goodness.Take care, Suki

    ReplyDelete
  3. A carpet of drunken bees! What poetry and what imagery!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well Ms Klutz - I AM glad to hear you are on the mend! Are you sure we are not related? This is just the kind of thing I would do!!

    ReplyDelete

please share a thought......