Wednesday 5 September 2012

Wednesday Notes


This week I have had a couple of days off and I spent yesterday with my sister Anne at the beach.  We had lunch at a very nice beach cafe , then walked along the sand with the waves at our feet.  We bought some ice creams and sat on the rocks overlooking the beautiful, sparkling Pacific Ocean.  It doesn't get much better!

Today was a busier day where I travelled from plant nursery to plant nursery, looking for a particular plant - Dipladenia (Mandevilla).  I wanted pink and on my fourth nursery visit, I found them!  So I bought four for some terracotta planters I have on my verandah at the villa.  It was a hot and windy afternoon, courtesy of Spring, so I potted them up, fertilized and watered them in.  They look very happy in their new home!

Saturday is the SpringFest Market,with extended trading hours (8am till 3pm).  It should be a lovely day!  If you are a local, come out and visit all the stall holders, you will be very welcome!

1 comment:

  1. One of my favorite things is to sit looking at the Pacific - I never get tired of it! Good luck at the SpringFest Market!!

    ReplyDelete

please share a thought......