Wednesday 19 August 2009

Little Piece of Paradise


I have been busy painting trees in different colour combinations on 6" x 12" canvas. They're fun to paint and being only small, they're quick to finish - very satisfying!


I have picked up The Power of Now by Eckhart Tolle, for a third time. Living in this moment does bring fullness to life and although I know this, I felt the need of a reminder. Each reading brings a fresh perspective and makes me realise how far I have come spiritually. I want my children to read this book.

This morning when I walked, the sky was a gentle blue and it was softly hazy over the water. I found a seat on a hill where we could see the boats moored and a fisherman sitting hunched in a little dinghy. Jess the border-collie and I sat and took in the breathtaking moment.

On the waters edge there was a large fig tree with good strong branches. Someone had installed a treehouse up there and a swing made out of rope. The grass was still wet with dew and you could see little grey fish darting about in the shallows. I just couldn't get enough of this little piece of paradise. We sucked it all in through our pores and turned and walked back up the hill.

5 comments:

  1. As always, I love your work, Patti. ox, O

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Patti...your work is always so striking. Your walk sounds so blissfully peaceful - I love those moments when the fullness of life...those moments of NOW...shine bright and beautiful around us. I guess they're always there, we're just more aware of them when we're feeling relaxed and peaceful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely painting and lovely walk. I too need reminders to be present in the now. blessings, suki

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is alovely painting and really appreciated by it.


    Sheron


    Cash Online Get Easy cash at your door step

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's a nice site with amazing arts that given lot
    Of knowledge……

    Janny

    Cash Online Get Easy cash at your door step

    ReplyDelete

please share a thought......