Tuesday 10 July 2007

Coffee Karma

This design was made originally for a mosaic that I created a while back and is an age-old design that I have always liked. It symbolises the astrological sign of Pisces and also reminds me a little of the Yin/Yang symbol and that fish are powerful good luck energy in Feng Shui. I think they look luminous and mysterious.

I have been reading a post by Bohemian Mom who is making many healthy changes in her life, one of which is to try and eliminate coffee, which she LOVES to drink. I really admire her for this but I was not so sure that coffee was actually a bad guy, if drunk in moderation. So I hunted down a couple of recent Australian articles (both respected sources) about the benefits of coffee and it seems that I was right, coffee is not all bad.


I managed to cut down my coffee intake quite a few years ago, as I found that it can make me jittery and will keep me awake at night if I have more than one cup. Now I have just one LOVELY cup each morning. Because it is my only cup, I make it quite a ritual and buy the best quality I can (more anti oxidants in the good stuff - this is true for chocolate too - have I told you about the benefits of eating chocolate? :):).


I find a sunny or cosy spot to drink it, and of course better still, share a cup with someone. I know all you coffee drinkers out there are nodding your heads in agreement. I know I can't pass up this kind of pleasure, could you?

7 comments:

  1. Patti...I have been enjoying your creations! And, I love my coffee.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I'm with you on this one...I have one really great cup of coffee a day and it's a special event! Somedays I go out to a favourite cafe and luxuriate in the atmosphere of the music, the smells of fresh coffee roasting and warm baked goodies. It's amazing just how little it takes to make us happy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You need to keep drinking coffee so that we can keep finding cute little cafes.......

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohhh...LOVE it!
    I love that photo and I love this post and I love my coffee!
    I agree, it could be quite a cherished morning ritual for me if I can keep it down to that...1 or 2 cups in the morning.
    And why did you have to go and mention chocolate???
    Now I have to run to the store!lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Patti, once again I turn green with envy ... I love your work.

    I like you have cut down to one cup per day ...

    For me its a large latte when I sit down at my desk and plan the day ahead ... have a chat to colleagues and get moving.

    ReplyDelete
  6. ANOTHER FAB PIECE OF ARTWORK!
    I'm a tea drinker (decaf these days) but surrounded by coffee addicts/connoiseurs, so they would be there right with you! My weakness is chocolate .....

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh, i love this fish piece!!

    ReplyDelete

please share a thought......