We have named the angel "Nan" after my mother Doreen. Doreen has dementia and lives in a Nursing Home. She is very sleepy these days. The nursing staff gently dress her in her nightie and tuck her into bed after lunch every day. She has become a baby again. In the mornings she sits in her chair, head tilted forward like this angel, fast asleep.
It got me thinking about the angels we come across in our day to day lives, that quietly and efficiently, do something special and meaningful for you, then simply slip away into the ether. So here are my nominations for Christmas Angels 2007.
- The staff at Doreen's Nursing Home; for their patience and care and most of all, for their sense of humour. It helps my feisty mother surrender, rather than resist her lot.
- Our friend Deano; who has been bringing us bags of sweet, juicy oranges from his brothers orchard and who gave us not one, but two boxes of Christmas lights, when he heard our last years set was on the blink. He is such a generous soul.
- My Chiropractor; who efficiently and intuitively, in only one month, healed me. He was only working a 'stint' in my area and has now gone back to Sydney. He has changed my life and given me back my Mojo!
- Blogging Angels; All of you bloggers out there. Yes YOU! Twelve months of blogging has connected me with so many truly beautiful souls, who make my day so much happier, with comments on my own blog and posts on yours, that always inspire and allow me to get to know you better.
- Friends; There have been so many true friends slipping in and out of my life this year, doing special things for me behind the scenes. Simply special.
Now I feel like I'm on a roll and could go on seeing angels in every corner. Who are your Angels for 2007? I bet there are more than you can handle!
Ooops! Speaking of corners, please try not to notice the Daddy Long Legs spider in the top corner of my loungeroom! I haven't got the heart to squish them.