Tuesday 9 February 2010

A Day in the Life

I have seen a few of these on blogs around the place and itched to make my own. So far I have only covered a few days and I am enjoying the mini journaling of my day already. There is not much big happening in my life, but this is all about the little things, that can often be more important. It is no secret that I love colour, yet I have always enjoyed cartooning and drawing in black ink just as much. It is sharp, articulate and quick.

I am reminded of the 'one sentence journal', where you write a single sentence to capture something that happened on a particular day. Maybe it was your childs first step, or you may have seen a beautiful bird from your window, or maybe you cooked something special. These little memories are priceless! We stopped writing in ours mostly because we didn't have a place to keep it open, to encourage us to write in it. I may just pull it out again.

4 comments:

  1. Any of these rituals that mark the day, say we were here, show that we are "being" , definitely feel like soul fuel. I love the one sentence thing - just may add that into my world here too.
    Happy doodles...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Helen Jane Morley11 February 2010 at 12:07

    Love this concept Patti and the way you have used black ink. I am now inspired by the `one sentence' idea and I agree these memories are priceless and even more so when illustrated.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I love this peek into your days! And a one-sentence journal sounds awesome. Distilling the day down to the most treasured droplet. WOW.

    ReplyDelete

please share a thought......