Friday 26 March 2010

'Coastie' Visits the Big City


Being a coastal dweller, north of Sydney, I don't always get the chance to visit the big city and all it has to offer. My sister recently moved there and so now I have a reason to go down more regularly, a central point where my other sister and brother also coverge, so more family time for us all.

This visit we walked ourselves silly, visiting various art galleries, sometimes with my brother at the lead, other times my sister, stopping to re-fuel every now and then. I never tire of the Sydney Opera House or Sydney Harbour and its bridge, they mean home to me.

A couple of days there was a break from my familiar four walls. I'm back feeling oh so refreshed (she says as she lets out a deep sigh!)


These sketches I did while sitting on the top floor balcony of my sister's house at 5.30am, when the city was just beginning to stir and hum - people on their way to work, jogging, walking dogs down to the bay. The sun was just coming up and the sky was a soft pink, the last of the jacaranda blooms lit up in the tree-tops.

4 comments:

  1. nice to get away and have a future fun getaway spot. it sounds exciting. love the sketches esp the chairs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. trips to the big city are always good - great place to be inspired in different ways.
    Enjoy the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Helen Jane Morley28 March 2010 at 16:42

    I am so envious - I would love to see you all again as it has been almost a year. Glad to hear it was so relaxing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful time you must have had - and your sketches reflect it!

    ReplyDelete

please share a thought......