Saturday 25 April 2015

Surreal


This painting was created back in 2010 and afterwards I decided that I didn't like it.  Who am I to judge?  Now as I look at it, I feel that it was not too bad a painting.  I named it "Opportunity - An Open Window".  It has a surreal feel to it! The table dressed with a shawl is on a tilt and the glass plate that the fruit and vegetables sit on is extra large in size.  The bird has snuck in through the open window and is keen to taste the feast that awaits him.  Large jungle-like plants surround the windows.

I remember setting up my studio with capsicums and avocadoes, cucumber, apples, strawberries, grapes and a handful of blueberries.  At the time I was looking seriously to move house and spent a lot of my time looking at real estate.  Maybe that is why I decided to throw the painting away, it brought up so many memories of a very stressful time in my life.  Things did feel quite surreal back then.

I have a few paintings in my studio that need to be thrown away (lack of storage space) and I will be careful about those that I choose to part with.  I wish that I had saved this one.  I like it!

1 comment:

  1. I really like this Patti---don't throw your paintings away! Maybe have a giveaway or something in which we all pitch in an amount of money and then someone wins the painting? And the money would cover postage? It's an idea anyway. I like it :) xoO

    ReplyDelete

please share a thought......