Tuesday 29 January 2008

Long Hot Summer

It has been a long, hot and very enjoyable summer - and still a few weeks to go! I have been very busy taking 'the boys' - my son Phil (above) and his three mates - to the beach most days. They body surf along the crystal clear waves, while I watch from the sand, every now and then taking a dip in the ocean to cool down, walking the length of the beach and back. Truly a magic beach.

It hasn't all been play, and last weekend we cleaned out our garage and did an annual de-clutter around the house, leaving a pile of 'stuff' for the council pick-up and another pile for the Salvo's. We feel so much lighter now.

This stocktake meant that I found myself a trestle style table for my studio - no more tubes of paint falling of the edge! This, with a new table easel my thoughtful daughter Lauren bought me for Christmas and I'm 'cooking with gas'!

Today I sold 'Lucy's Garden' (see previous post) And here is a preview of the next 'Lucy' painting in the works and my new streamlined studio, with a stool my son insisted I use because of its ergonomic value.

I was very encouraged by comments on my last post - thank you one and all, it really helps you to take that next step. I would like to begin selling my paintings, as soon as I can get my act together. (If you are interested in buying any of my paintings before then, please contact me and we can discuss business/postage etc.)


I feel as though last year was the first year of my 'apprenticeship' and this year all that practice has developed into something good. Life is good!





10 comments:

  1. Wow! Patti, this painting is going to be amazing! I love it aleady!!

    Congratulations on selling Lucy's Garden ...

    mich
    x.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on selling that beautiful painting. And on your clean and tidy new studio setup. May many paintings come to you here.

    And do I ENVY that summer, the beach, wearing shorts and going bare foot. Yeah.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooooooooh - so excited to see the next in your Lucy series! WooHoo - Congratulations on selling the first one - she was magnificent!

    Your son looks like such a dear one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad you're gathering the confidence to start selling. Your work is powerful, mystical and uplifting. I love the colours, the joy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kelly I quite agree, and with everyone else. Congrats on selling Lucy's garden, a GREAT painting!

    I love your new studio space, and so tidy too. What thoughtful and kind children you have too.
    Absolutely CANNOT WAIt to see the next painting... :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for handing over Lucy#1.
    Will collect v. soon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Patti,
    I see you're still creating beautiful are that makes me smile! I'm glad to see such bold, colorful expressions - as always. I'm glad you stopped by my blog today. Thank you for your comments about my daughter :)

    Glad we've visited again..be well, Patti...and keep creating!
    :) ooxx, Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Patti, its Imbolc now in the Northern Hemisphere, but here in the Southern Hemisphere its Lammas ... they don't call us upside down for nothing! :-)

    I've done my best to patch together a rough pagan calendar for the Southern Hemisphere http://michellechant.blogspot.com/2008/02/southern-hemisphere-pagan-calendar.html

    mich
    x.

    ReplyDelete
  9. you're going to "begin" selling your paintings?!! Are you telling me that you haven't been already? I'm floored!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love all your paintings Patti, a magical style. The New Lucy is also beautiful. I can see another wonderful one on the wall behind the new Lucy.

    myla

    ReplyDelete

please share a thought......