Saturday 25 May 2013

Trees

 
Cold Wax! It's so lovely to work with!  If you ever get the chance to do a Cold Wax Workshop with Judy Wise, just do it!  It's a wonderful medium that has so many possibilities!
 
 


Typical of me, I have tried to make cold wax fit 'me' and don't find myself painting like Judy Wise or any of the other Artists I shared creative space with last weekend.  This is good from a unique artist point of view, but difficult and quite a challenge to find my 'voice' in this medium.

I am  really keen to nail it though and have a few days up my sleeve to produce more cold wax pieces.  It is good to break out of my comfort zone however.  Will post my next attempts!

5 comments:

  1. wow, I'm just loving those images there! looking forward to seeing more of your "attempts" although I think your'e really good at what you did here already!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your "attempts" too. Beautiful, and with your unique style, Patti! xoO

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your art. it is just special to you. have fun playing more with cold wax

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely ! And so fun to find yourself immersed in a new medium with such gusto !
    Happy Creating !

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I love that red background black trees painting. It's so imaginative and the colors rock. The lines in the trees just delight me; original and whimsical. Happy face!

    ReplyDelete

please share a thought......