Saturday 13 June 2009

An Intriguing Notion

self-portrait with a bad cold


Have you noticed all the bloggers wrecking their journals out there? Drop in at The Next Chapter if this notion intrigues you.

It is hard to imagine being deliberately destructive towards a brand new journal, however I have been known to treat mine with disrespect on occasion. After all it IS my journal and if I choose to burn a page, dog-ear a page or use it to rest my coffee cup on, I will!

It is a truthful expression of me on any given day, good or bad, happy or sad, constructive or destructive. It is where my best ideas emerge and grow and where any negativity can be expressed, in a loving, safe atmosphere. My self-directed art therapy. I save perfect for the artwork I share with the world. My journal is an extension of me, and like Linus' blanket, it doesn't like to miss out on any action.

I am not joining in on this project, though I will keep watching with interest. The author Keri Smith can be found here at Wishjar.

1 comment:

  1. Love your self-portrait with a bad cold. You certainly captured how I feel when I have one!!

    ReplyDelete

please share a thought......