Saturday 19 February 2011

Hi Ho, Hi Ho....


Lucky me...I've accepted an offer of a part-time job selling/fitting shoes and will be off to work in a couple of weeks - no longer a lady of leisure!  I'm so looking forward to it!  It will be good to get out into the working world again after a few years break.  I'll still have time for making art so it's a good balance, important for wellbeing.

I hope Spring and Sunshine is emerging up there in the Northern Hemisphere.  Here Down Under, I'm sipping iced water in front of an electric fan and longing for some cool autumn days!  It's a topsy turvy world!

7 comments:

  1. Woo Hoo Patti - exciting news, you get out of the house and make money too AND have time for Art :)
    I love love that fishy painting, simply stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. congrats on your new job. it is good to be out in the world meeting people sometimes.

    i am thinking heat, heat heat. ah, i feel warmer now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations, Patti. I'm glad you'll still have time for your art, because you're so great at it...and I hope you'll enjoy your new job a lot.

    I appreciate people who are knowledgeable about shoes, because a great pair of shoes is quite an investment nowadays and it influences your life. I visited a shoe store in Maui and bought a pair of Birkenstocks--the salesperson was a woman about my age who knew everything about why I take a 39 in some styles and a 40 in others, what all of the features would do, etc.

    Wishing you many blessings, and glad to "see" you here after being on vacation, xoO

    ReplyDelete
  4. Woot! Congratulations. I absolutely LOVE having a job to go to every morning. I'm excited for you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Scarves Scarves
    Many and profuse thanks for all you have done for us, Dear Internet Friends.Adorable! They make me smile! :D
    You are indeed most super fantastic and will be missed!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pat that is great- 2011 is shaping up to be a great year for you. Keep up the art tho' painting fantasy shoes perhaps?????

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations! I think that sounds like fun and I'll bet you're going to be great at it. You'll be busy, busy, busy - and I wonder what impact the shoes will have on your art...

    ReplyDelete

please share a thought......