Saturday 25 August 2007

Food for Thought

Some quotes I found while browsing artquotes

On Art:

"art is not about how well it's painted, but how much attitude it's got" - Frank Malerba

"I've never believed in God, but I believe in Picasso" - Diego Rivera

"I dream a lot. I do more painting when I'm not painting. It's in the subconscious" - Andrew Wyeth

"Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep" - Scott Adams

"Every portrait that is painted with feeling is a portrait of the artist, not of the sitter." - Stuart Wilde


On Other Things:

I like to think of psychic energy as akin to radio waves. Even without the radio on, the air is filled with invisible signals from countless radio stations operating on their various frequencies. All you have to do to receive them is to flick the radio on and tune the dial. - Ralph Waldo Emerson.

"If I accept you as you are, I will make you worse. However, if I treat you as though you are what you are capable of becoming, I help you become that." - Carl Gustav Jung

"For the warrior, there is no "better" or "worse"; everyone has the necessary gifts for his particular path." - Allison DuBois

"Your life is the manifestation of your dream; it is an art. And you can change your life anytime if you aren't enjoying the dream. Dream masters create a masterpiece of life; they control the dream by making choices."

2 comments:

  1. Cool quotes! Especially the one about Picasso. I'll be posting some Picasso goodness on my blog sooooon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jung's quote really reminded me of how true this is in relationships, especially intimate relationships when you know the other person's flaws. Really like this quote!

    ReplyDelete

please share a thought......