Monday 2 April 2007

Led Zeppelin


The other day I was talking music with my son and was reminiscing about my much younger days, (I was around ten years old) when my brother and sister and I used to listen to our bigger sisters records. One of the coolest bands ever, was Led Zeppelin and we used to dance standing on the lounge chairs while singing into a microphone that belonged to our stereo system.


Funnily enough, later on that day as I was driving along in the car "Ramble On" came on the radio. When I was younger, I never realised that this song was inspired by J.R.R. Tolkien's "The Hobbit. Lord of the Rings has been big in our household and when we were first married my husband and I used to read through the books over and over. I don't think I have the patience to read through them again now, but I suppose there are always the movies to watch. Personally I think Led Zeppelin are timeless, but if you are of my generation or older you may enjoy looking back too. Oh, and don't forget to turn the volume up!

4 comments:

  1. ROCKIN' GOODNESS! My daughter has a Zep poster on the ceiling above her bed - my gosh, what kind of mother am I?????!!!!

    Ramble On
    (Page/Plant)

    Leaves are falling all around, It's time I was on my way.
    Thanks to you, I'm much obliged for such a pleasant stay.
    But now it's time for me to go. The autumn moon lights my way.
    For now I smell the rain, and with it pain, and it's headed my way.
    Sometimes I grow so tired, but I know I've got one thing I got to do...

    *Ramble On, And now's the time, the time is now, to sing my song.
    I'm goin' 'round the world, I got to find my girl, on my way.
    I've been this way ten years to the day, Ramble On,
    Gotta find the queen of all my dreams.

    Got no time to for spreadin' roots, The time has come to be gone.
    And to' our health we drank a thousand times, it's time to Ramble On.

    * Chorus

    Mine's a tale that can't be told, my freedom I hold dear.
    How years ago in days of old, when magic filled the air.
    T'was in the darkest depths of Mordor, I met a girl so fair.
    But Gollum, and the evil one crept up and slipped away with her, her, her....yeah.

    * Chorus

    Gonna ramble on, sing my song. Gotta keep-a-searchin' for my baby...
    Gonna work my way, round the world. I can't stop this feelin' in my heart
    Gotta keep searchin' for my baby. I can't find my bluebird!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!!!
    "Stairway to Heaven" and high school dances!
    Good times.
    "Black Dog" was always another favourite of mine.
    Timeless.....so true!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really enjoyed my visit to your blog Patti!

    I just had to comment here at this post. I played in traveling R&B bands in the early '60's and later started my own Rock&Roll band in 1968. We were called Stone Fox. I was lead singer.

    We were pretty good and toured the midwest United States. We were called an "opening band" (went on before the big names) and we played mostly our own original compositions. Most nights we'd put up with grief as the fans waited for the "name" band.

    However, we always ended our show with Dazed and Confused -- and we played the song damned good. Did about a 15 minute version of it.

    That song had so much magic in it that our set always ended well -- so we left the stage happy. Also, the ladies really liked that song. Bless the Zep. :-)

    "...women oh women, never bargained for you..."

    Pardon my momentary lapse in dignity. Usually not my style. Just couldn't help remembering.

    -- and so it goes--
    ...Rob

    ReplyDelete

please share a thought......