Tuesday 25 September 2007

My Sacred Life - Inspiration

When I began blogging I had no expectations or ideas one way or the other, as to what it was all about. Who knew? To my delight, I discovered these amazingly inspirational and spiritual communities of artists, writers and poets, who have all provided a supportive and positive influence on my day to day life. I am so grateful for this, and since this is my 100th post, I thought I should let you all know just how thankful I am.

I have now finished up regular postings for My Sacred Life, but will continue to participate on Sacred Life Sunday. It has been such a beneficial focus to have.

Now, these are just great! lesson #1 and lesson #2 on art journalling by 'suziblu', found while visiting judy wise. Take a look, you'll be inspired and delighted!

The first mandala was made using straight lines and geometrical shapes, which means you have to concentrate and play by the rules. Very tough. The second mandala was made using only curved and wiggly lines. Which one looks more alive to you? I enjoyed this second one so much more (my mandala teacher Cheryl will not be surprised to hear :)) It was inspired by tropical water, coral, bubbles, seaweed, fish and sand. I think it means I need a holiday!

11 comments:

  1. As Bruce Springsteen wrote, "Two Faces Have I." There are times I am all about playing by the rules; other times I feel the need to be FREE, artistically. So, I absolutely LOVE both of these mandalas, Patti. I am so grateful to have stumbled upon your blog, months ago. To say that you inspire me would be a huge understatement. Yes, yes, YES - time for a holiday for you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have enjoyed reading from your sacred life posts. I didn't participate, but have enjoyed and been amazed by your art and your words.
    And I'm going to check out those art journalling links.
    peace.
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy 100th Patti - and congrats. It is a joy and a pleasure to share this blogging land with you. Love your mandalas - you inspired me to have a go at some myself, i'll post them soon for you to see. Thank you, they were fun to do :-)
    E

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the soft colours of these mandalas.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Patti, I am finally greeting the other Sacred Life participants. I like your fresh take on Mandalas. Have you thought of taking up stained glass? Assymetry in a mandala brings up a lot of thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Keep making art and blogging Patti!
    I love reading your inspiring posts :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Post #100!?!...good for you! I'm so glad to be a part of your world : ) this is a wonderful kindred place..and I'll check out the artjournal lessons..
    and...
    Ohh..I love the 2nd mandala! Yes..it's more alive and makes me feel happy and giggly!.. the first one is pretty too..but to me they each have a different feel, and evoke something different. What matters most is what YOU think and feel about them and the process.
    And...I love the colors!

    Very cute of you to call me your mandala teacher :) thank you. And this learning...it's a two way street : )

    Keep bloggin' girl. You are a dynamic inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  8. P.S. Your mandala #1 is inspiring too Patti! I looked at it again and you know...it evokes a calm in me. Isn't it nice that there are many diferent ways to do things, as we are inspired. Both mandalas are simply awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm defintely making some time to catch up on your journey - I've been away, and I'm so glad to be back with this community.

    love
    mich
    x.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey Patti, Mandala #1 reminds of stained glasss in a sacred church window...love the colors you chose for both of them...and Happy 100th!! Bev

    ReplyDelete

please share a thought......