Thursday 15 March 2012

Finding a Rhythm

Bookmarks

I've been cross examining my time this past week and I've found that early morning (6am to 9am) is my peak productive time.  For anything really.  Who would've thought?  Now, after breakfast - oats, blueberries and greek yoghurt...I enjoy a cup of coffee, then art! I'm working less days in the shoe store, so the pressure is off there for a while, giving me more time at home.  I'm in the studio in the afternoons & evenings too, but doing different things that need less concentration.  A good time for planning etc.

The result is I am back into the rhythm of making art again.... And the exciting thing is, that I've found an outlet to sell my art & designs.  More to come on this....  Right now, everything is too nebulous to share. Definitely an exciting development!

These bookmarks were made purely for the joy of colour!

Have you ordered your copy of Seth Apter's  The Pulse of Mixed Media .  I have and can't wait for it to arrive!

9 comments:

  1. so many wonderful things happening for you. best of luck with your new art sale venue. early morning has always been my best time for focus though with age it seems to have lessened a bit and spread throughout the day.

    have fun with your art time. I might order the book but have been leaving lots of comments on the Apter blog and will wait to see if I win a copy, LOL.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm a little slow Suki, I only just noticed the reply option on this blog.

      So thank you for wishing me luck. Good luck to you, I hope you win the book!

      Delete
  2. Oh my Patti, big developments! Early morning art and other pursuits...and sales! The bookmarks are lovely. And I hadn't ordered my copy, but I have now. It looks very good. We can read it together :) xoO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You O, I hope we can read it together also! What fun!

      Delete
  3. Patti, that's great! I also start my day with oatmeal and something thrown on top. Finding a good rhythm must be a wonderful feeling. I'm so happy for you, too, that you've found an outlet! Art like yours should have many. xo K

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kelly, rhythm IS a wonderful feeling, as though I am tapped into the flow of life somehow. xx

      Delete
  4. Patti spookily I have exactly the same brekkie - except I have mixed berries. I buy them frozen and then they last quite a few days :) Good luck with all your creative energy and your selling opportunities!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not so weird, I guess, that we eat the same breakfast! I love mine - the best time of day for me!

      Delete
  5. Wedding cars DorsetWedding cars Bournemouth, Southampton, Dorset and Hampshire from 1st Choice Limousines. Limos and chauffeur driven vehicles for weddings and honeymoon airport transfers.

    ReplyDelete

please share a thought......