Monday 11 January 2010

Feeling The Heat


Yesterday was so oppressively hot, it was a relief to head down to a local beach with friends to see an art exhibit (very worthwhile) held at the surf club. Afterwards we sipped a cold glass of wine on the balcony, so needing that cool ocean breeze! The only way to spend a summer Sunday afternoon!

This journal page is of course the hot, hot sun and a label from some sandalwood soap I bought years ago at a Buddhist Institute. Not sure why the label is here on this page, I'm still scratching my head about this. I do love the smell of this soap though. The wording on the label says 'Sandalwood ~ For Courage ~ not the absence of fear or despair, but the strength to conquer them'

I'm nearing the end of my first ever journal, having only three pages left to go. I thought I might tidily end the year in this one, but it was not to be. Last of all I will collage the outside of the journal, currently a plain black. The next one sits waiting for some new ideas and techniques...and on we go into 2010...

2 comments:

  1. Ahhhh...I am soaking in the heat from where you are...through my window that sun is beating down, in spite of the fact that it is -11celsius this morning.

    Funnily enough, I was looking at my journal and realized that I only have about 5 pages left until it is full - my third one, the biggest one. I also leave the cover black as I work in it - a title for the document seems to come when I am done and dictates the decorating of the cover. Too cool that you are experiencing the same process !
    Enjoy that summer and have a cold wine toast for me up here in the cold when you can !
    Cheers, Lovely One !

    ReplyDelete
  2. congrats on nearing completion of your journal. I almost filled a handmade journal last year but skipped the last few pages. Although i've been keeping written journals since I was a child and most of those are ocmplete and visual journals of one sort or another since I was 50. However I dont necessarily work them into the last page. Heat. Thanks for saying you would send some my way. If only.

    ReplyDelete

please share a thought......