Monday 7 October 2013

Spring Colours

Bromeliad
Our garden at the villa is putting on a show for us, with even more plants laden with buds, ready to pop open any minute.  Love the colour of this bromeliad!


Parlour Palm
These parlor palms sit in my sun room.  They enjoy the shelter and warmth there.


Red Geranium
Geraniums are always good value, very hardy and pretty too!


Pink Geranium

Lavender
 Lavender.  I cut it back hard after last seasons flowers finished and it has burst into life again.


Tahitian Lime
 This is one of the few edible plants in our garden.  Lovely limes, perfect added to a cold glass of sparkling mineral water on a hot day!

Bottlebrush
We have three mature bottlebrush trees in our garden and the lorikeets love them too!

Happy Springtime!

3 comments:

  1. Oh, I love bromeliads. They grow wild there??? Also your red geranium blossoms look especially curly. Are they a special variety?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kelly! The bromeliads love our climate. I grow mine in a pot and keep it in a shady spot in my sunroom. The red geranium was a cutting I got from my mothers plant, years ago. So who knows what variety it is! :)

      Delete
  2. Lovely garden shots! Love them all!

    ReplyDelete

please share a thought......